Why To Choose Hydroponic Farming
What is Hydroponics
Hydroponics is a subset of hydroculture, which is a method of growing plants without soil by using mineral nutrient solutions in a water solvent. Terrestrial plants may be grown with only their roots exposed to the mineral solution, or the roots may be supported by an inert medium, such as perlite or gravel.
Plants in a hydroponic system grow more quickly because they have food and water available to them all the time. They produce bigger crops because they can devote their energy to producing their crop rather than producing large roots such as would be needed in soil to seek out water and nutrients.
Hydroponics uses less water than soil growing - in some cases up to 90% less water than traditional soil-based agriculture. You can plant 4 times the amount of crops in the same space as soil farming. Grow all year long. Hydroponics allows for optimally controlled environment and growth.
Some Advantages of Hydroponics:
When Compared To Traditional Soil-Grown Crop Production, Hydroponics Has the Following Advantages: Up to 90% more efficient use of water. Production increases 3 to 10 times in the same amount of space. Many crops can be produced twice as fast in a well managed hydroponic system.
- Hydroponics is simple.
- You don’t need a yard.
- Hydroponics uses less water than soil growing - in some cases up to 90% less water than traditional soil-based agriculture.
- You can plant 4 times the amount of crops in the same space as soil farming.
- Grow all year long. You’ll never have to pack-it-up for the winter again!
- Grow BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER than soil-based growing.
- Growing your own can be much cheaper than buying vegetables, fruits, herbs or flowers. It may not be long until your indoor garden pays for itself.
- Grow organically – without pesticides and preservatives.
- Gardening is therapeutic and satisfying.
- Operating a hydroponic garden is educational.
- Be the source! Produce on a grocery store shelf is NOT fresh.
- Hydroponic gardening is environmentally friendly.
- With hydroponics, you avoid diseases that often destroy soil-based growing.
- With hydroponics, you avoid insects that often sabotage soil-based operations.
- Hydroponics allows for optimally controlled environment and growth.
- With hydroponics, you can expect steady harvests.
- With hydroponics, you can expect crops within 3 months depending on what you’re growing.
- Hydroponic growing yields up to 20 times more than soil-based growing.
- Hydroponics requires less fertilizer.
- Hydroponics produces less waste.
- With hydroponics, you never have to deal with dragging the sprinkler around through the mud.
- Hydroponics is the clean way to grow.
- A small hydroponic garden can be set up almost anywhere.